Hive time tracking now allows you to record how long your work takes - in the same place you manage what you have to do.
You no longer have to switch apps to keep track of time. In Hive, it's right there in the action card.
Even better, team leaders can access timesheet reports that make it easy for them to see the big picture. This visibility helps keep projects on budget and prevent overwork.
This beta feature is currently available for admins to add to their workspace. Instructions for adding time tracking are at the bottom of this article
Add Time Estimates
When creating an action, you can now also add a time estimate. This allows you to set expectations for the person working on the task and easily spot time overruns.
To add a time estimate:
- Open the action card that needs a time estimate
- Click the dropdown next to "Estimate"
- Enter the time and press Save
When you are working on an action, you can add your time right in the card.
To add time:
- Open the action card that needs a time record
- Click the plus icon next to "Total"
- Enter the time spent and the date
- Press Save
Once you've added time, you can see the time spent and estimate on the front of the action card. At a glance, you can see how an action is progressing.
Review and delete time entries
You can enter multiple entries each day or multiple times a day as needed.
To review, just click the drop down. It will list all the team members who added time on the card. You can click in to see specifics of each individual entry.
To delete a time entry, just hover over it and click the trash button.
As your team enters their time, team leaders can see their progress in the timesheet report.
To access it, click the clock icon on the top of the action panel.
In this report you can:
- See time tracked vs. time estimated
- Expand to see time spent on each task
- Filter by project
- Filter by team member
- Define the time period over which you want to see time tracked
- Export your report to excel (coming soon!)
Enable Time Tracking
To access time tracking:
- Go to the Hive main menu
- Select "Settings"
- If you are an admin, this will open a window that lists features you can enable. Select "Enable time tracking"
Only administrators can enable time tracking. If you are not an administrator, you will need yours to enable it for you.