With email into Hive, you can you can create Hive actions from your inbox to:
- your workspace, or
- individual projects in your workspace.
How does it work?
Your Hive account is associated with an email address unique to your workspace and each project in it. The format of the email is [WorkspaceID]@inbox.hive.com.
You can find this email in the main menu under "Add actions by email". When selected, it will open the modal shown below.
You simply copy the email address and paste it into the email you want to send into Hive.
Here's how the inputs in your email message translate into a Hive action:
- subject line = action title
- added  in subject line = due date
- people you CC = additional assignees (you are assigned the action automatically)
- body of email = action description
- email attachments = action attachments
The picture below shows how it would work.
When the action arrives in your workspace, it would look a little like this!
So if you receive an email requesting you to do a certain task, all you have to do is forward it into Hive and it pops up on your action list.