Some great uses for Hive forms can include:
- collecting orders or requests
- submitting bugs and other issues
- gathering structuring information from employees (e.g. contact info)
- and much more!
How to create
- Go to the main menu (under your profile picture)
- Select "Forms manager"
- Click "+New Form"
- Add a title and description
- Drag and drop the fields you want into the form
There are 10 different fields you can add to a Hive form:
Depending on which field you choose, you have the option to make it required, add help text, set a max character length, and other customizations.
- Add confirmation message
This is the message that the person will see after they submit the form.
- Set where you want to submit the form
Once someone has submitted a form, the data can go one of two places:
Email - you can provide an email and all the information provided in the form will arrive in that inbox. See below.
Hive Action - it will automatically create an action in Hive in the project and assigned to the person you select. It will look like this.
Each form come with a link that you can share or post on a website.
To access the link, scroll to the top of the form and you will see a white box with a link. Click the button "copy" to save it to your clipboard.
When a person clicks on the form, they will be taken to a web page that looks something like this.
There they can fill out their information and press submit.
Check out forms as an awesome way to get things done!