Summary views are a great way to combine several projects into one space. It's especially useful for managers and other people who want to take a look at the big picture across the team.
To create a summary view:
- Go to the Project Navigator
- Click Summary Views
3. Click the link '+Create new summary view'
4. It should open a new window, where you can select the settings for your summary view. These include:
- Project name
- View type - Status, Team, Calendar, Label, and Gantt
- The people you want to see (you will only see the tasks assigned to the people you select)
- The labels you want to see
- The projects you want to include
- Permission - Define who is able to see the summary view. (you can share with everyone, specific people, or just keep it private to yourself.)
5. Select Done
It will open a new tab with your view.
Updating Summary view
To edit, hide or delete the view, select the button with three dots on the side of the tab. It will open a menu with various options.
Filtering Summary View
Click the 'Show filters' option in the Summary View menu.
This will open up a list of drop downs, where you can select how your Summary view is filtered. You can filter by:
- Created by
You can also sort by priority and reveal actions that you have archived.
Any filters you set will only apply to your view. So when a member of your team goes to that summary view, they won't see the filters you have set.