"My Actions" view is a list of all actions you create for yourself and that others assign to you. In My Actions, it is easy to see what you need to do and prioritize accordingly.
You can find your My Actions view in the center panel of your Hive workspace.
To set up your “My Actions” view:
1. Add a few actions to your list
Click the box that says What needs to be done? Type what you want to do and press enter. Just like that, an action will appear on your list.
2. Build out your actions
Click on one of your actions, and it will open up a modal showing all the action details. There are a lot of details you can add to provide more context to your action. These include:
- descriptions: a place to give more details, instructions, or context to the action.
- sub-actions: if your action is bigger, sub-actions can break it into more manageable pieces.
- deadline: a timeline makes it easy to keep accountable and prioritize with other work.
- labels: a way to group your action with others for a project or activity.
- files: documents that will help you perform the action.
- comments: a place to discuss progress with relevant members of your team.
As you can see in the image above, you can add a lot of detail onto one simple action card. Still, if you like to keep things simple, you can leave everything but the action title blank.
Once you’ve added the details that are needed to complete the action, click close to leave the modal.
3. Organize your actions
Next, you can organize your actions and see how easy it is.
There are two categories to organize your actions: Now and Snooze.
- Now is a list of all actions you want to complete today. This is where new actions assigned to you by someone else will first land.
- Snooze is a list of all actions you want to postpone until later. For all snoozed actions, you set a date which you want to see them appear on your now list again.
These different categories make it easy to automatically keep your list organized and focus on what is important. Still, it is easy to organize the way you want:
- Drag and drop to move actions up or down your Now list. For Snoozed actions, press the star button to move it to the Now list, and press the blue clock to snooze it until later.
- If an action absolutely needs to be done now, you can mark it urgent. It will then show a red exclamation point on the action card making it easy to spot that the action is important.
- If one of your actions is personal, you can mark it private. That way no one on your team besides you can see it. All private actions will show an eye icon on the card so you can identify them easily.
- Try out the search bar to find your actions. Just type in a word and all the actions that contain that word will show up in a list.
That's not all! You can now explore the kanban view of "My Action".
Here is how you can change "my Action" from list view to kanban view.