1. Add the Hive app in Slack
First, you need to add the Hive app within Slack. To do that, you:
- Open Slack and go to 'Apps'
- Search for the Hive app and click 'Add'
- Choose 'Add to Slack'
- Scroll down on the newly opened Hive page and choose 'Add to Slack'
- Choose 'Allow'
2. Connect to your Slack account in Hive
- Go to the Hive main menu under your profile
- Select "Hive apps"
- At the top, you will see the Slack logo, click it to connect
- It will open a new window where you sign into your Slack account, select the team you want to connect, and authorize the account
- You're done! Now, you are connected to Slack :)
Share a Hive Action in Slack
Next, you will want to share your first action in Slack. Here's how:
- Open an action card
- Click the 'Share' icon
- Choose 'Share in slack'
- Choose who you would like to share the action with
- Click 'Share action'
Creating Hive Actions in Slack
Finally, you will want to make actions in Slack using slash commands. Whenever you are chatting with someone in Slack, you can now turn it into actionable next steps!
- In Slack, click on the person you want to create an action for
- Type "/hive action" and the title of the action you want to create and press enter
- That's it! The action will automatically appear on that person's My Action list!