You can connect related work across Hive and Jira by linking action cards or project to existing Jira issues. This allows you to quickly track Jira issues within Hive. If further action is needed, you can open the Jira issue directly from Hive.
Linking an action card to an existing Jira Issue
1. Click on the Jira icon and select "Link to existing issue."
2. Type in the Jira ID or keywords from the Jira issue title for the issue you'd like to link.
Each Hive action can only have one Jira issue linked. However, each Jira issue can be linked to multiple Hive actions.
3. Once linked, you can monitor the Sprint, Status, and Priority fields on the Hive action card in the section highlighted below.
If the Jira assignee is in both Hive and Jira, they'll appear in the snapshot as well!
Details in your Hive action card will not be affected, so you can keep working in Hive while keeping track of changes in relevant Jira issues.
Want to mirror a Hive action card in Jira? Check out the article "Create a Jira issue from Hive."
Performing a sync between Hive & Jira Project
*Make sure both Workspace App Jira and Personal App Jira are turned on.
1. Click the More menu in the project.
2. Click Connect to Jira.
3. Choose which Jira Project to sync data to/from.
4. Choose the Data sync direction.
One way sync from Jira to Hive.
Any changes made in Jira will be reflected in Hive.
One way sync from Hive to Jira.
Any changes made in Hive will be reflected in Jira.
Two way sync between Hive and Jira.
Full list of items that will sync:
Action Scheduled Date
Issue Start Date
Issue Due Date
*Note - Jira's To Do status is the same as Hive's Unstarted status.
It's recommended to have the same statuses between the two apps.