If your HiveMail shows a gray bar, this typically means you're experiencing rate limiting. Email providers like Google and Microsoft limit how much data other apps, like Hive, can request in a given period of time.
When too many requests are sent in a short period of time, Gmail will not process them. As a result, your inbox in Hive will appear with a gray bar. The issue will self-resolve over time, which can range from minutes to hours.
Disconnecting apps that don't need access to your Gmail will help prevent rate limiting.
For Google users, to see what apps have access to your inbox:
- Go to Gmail and click your avatar on the top right.
- Click "Manage your Google account"
- Click on the "Security" section
- Scroll down to the "Third party apps" card
- Click "Manage third party access"
Removing apps that don't need access to your inbox will help ensure your HiveMail can continue syncing properly!