Good communication is critical to the success of any team.
Hive makes it easy to start a conversation with either a group or a specific individual. Whether you want to celebrate a milestone, discuss a project, or even gossip, Hive's native messenger has got you covered!
Create a messaging group
- Click on the "+" button beside groups
- Input your group name
- Select your group members
- Press "Save"
*You can add people who are not in your workspace by sending a invite!
- You can add messaging groups by department/team (e.g Marketing, Dev, Finance), by project (e.g Food party, Tech Conference) or by activity (e.g. Happy hour).
- You can also add automated messages from other tools you use (e.g twitter updates). Simply go to settings and click integration. It will take you to Zapier, a web automation tool that connects Hive to over 1,000 other apps.
Create a Direct Message
- Click on the "+" button beside direct messages
- Choose the person you want to talk to
- Press "Create"
Share an Action
You have the ability to quickly share an action in a chat message by clicking and dragging an action into the chat window.
Upload and Share Files
Easily share files via chat by clicking on the '+' icon in the chat window and choosing a file from your computer or one of your connected file storage systems.
Hiding Hive messaging
If your team prefers to work in Hive without messaging, you can hide it from your dashboard.
All you have to do is go to Hive apps and deselect Hive messaging from the workspace apps.