Summary views are a great way to combine several projects into one space. It's especially useful for managers and other people who want to take a look at the big picture across their teams and projects.
To create a summary view:
- Go to the Project Navigator
- Click Summary Views
3. Click the link '+Create new summary view'
4. In the new window that opens up, you can select the settings and what information you'd like to check out in your summary view. These include:
- Project name
- View type - Status, Team, Calendar, Label, and Gantt
- The people you want to see (you will only see the tasks assigned to the people you select)
- The labels you want to see
- The projects you want to include
- Permission - Define who is able to see the summary view. (you can share with everyone, specific people, or just keep it private to yourself.)
5. Select Done and you are ready to check out the new view!
Updating Summary view
To edit, hide or delete the view, just click into the summary view and you will see the menu below.
Filtering Summary View
Click the 'Show filters' option in the Summary View menu.
This will open up a list of drop downs, where you can select how your Summary view is filtered. You can filter by:
- Created by
You can also sort by priority level and reveal actions that you have archived.
Any filters you set will only apply to your view. So when a member of your team goes to that summary view, they won't see the filters you have set.