Hive Notes allows you to take meeting notes, assign follow up items, and track the progress of next steps directly in Hive.
Actions created from notes automatically become action cards that can be placed in a project and link directly back to the note.
Create and format notes
1. Click on "Notes" to open your notes panel
2. Click "New note" to create a new note
3. Add your notes!
4. To format them, highlight text and a toolbar will appear with formatting options.
Want to format notes quickly? Here are keyboard shortcuts:
Assign actions in your note
Notes are great for team status or client meetings! While taking notes, you can create actions to ensure accountability.
- Highlight text
- Click checkmark button to make the text an action
- Add assignee, due date, and/or project
- Click the expand button to see the full action card
- Click the blue link at the bottom of the card to go back to your note
This way, you can keep context and next steps in one place. Return to the note at your next meeting to ensure all items have been completed.
Organize notes based on projects
Notes can be grouped by project. At the top of a note, you can select the project it belongs to. When you assign a note to a project, it will be placed in the project folder along with the other notes associated with that project.
To navigate project folders for your notes:
- Open your Notes panel
- Click "Projects"
- Navigate to the project folder for your corresponding notes